Guidelines on Drafting of Spatial Planning for Province, Regency and City RTRW is regulated under Ministerial Regulation of Agrarian and Spatial Planning/ Head of National Land Agency No. 1 of 2018 (“Permenag No. 1/2018”). This regulation entered into force on 20 March 2018. This Permenag No. 1/2018 was issued to implement provision of Article 18 paragraph (3) of Law No. 26 of 2007, and as the guidelines for Provincial Government and Government of Regency/City in drafting of Spatial Planning for Province, Regency and City RTRW. The scope of this Permenag No. 1/2018 covers the procedures of drafting and the content of the Province/Regency/City RTRW
Permenag No.1/2018 has 3 (three) annexes:
a. Annex I concerning Procedures and Content of Province RTRW;
b. Annex II concerning Procedures and Content of Province RTRW;
c. Annex III concerning Procedures and Content of Province RTRW.
The validity period of Province/Regency/City RTRW is 20 (twenty) years since its enactment
Procedure on Drafting of Province, Regency and City RTRW.
Drafting of RTRW Province, Regency/City , covering stages, as follows:
b. Collecting Data and Information;
c. Processing and analysis of Data;
d. Concept Drafting;
e. Drafting and discussion on local regulation draft regarding Province, Regency and City RTRW.
The drafting is completed within 15 months, RTRW planning involves stakeholders, and involves the Society. Society in here means individual, groups of people including Customary Law Society, corporation and another non-government stakeholders in case of spatial planning.
Under the Permenag No.1/2018, society involvement was made in several stages, among others:
Preparation, society will be involved passively by way of obtaining information about RTRW Drafting, through meeting with community / society group
Data collection and information, communities and business actors will be allowed to provide their aspirations through questionnaires, public discussion forums, interviews, complaints boxes, and other methods;
- Data collection and information, the community will also be actively involved in the form of:
- requests for data and information of individuals and / or territories that are known / owned by the public;
- input requests, aspirations and initial opinions of proposed spatial plans; and
- information gathering on potential and spatial planning issues.
- At drafting stage of the RTRW concept, the community will be actively involved in dialogue conducted in public consultations, workshops, and focus group discussions.
- At the stage of drafting and discussion of draft local regulations, where the community can submit proposals, complations and objections to the draft local draft.
Content of Province/Regency/City
Province / Regency / City RTRW content includes:
- objectives, policies and spatial planning strategies;
- spatial structure plan;
- spatial pattern plan;
- determination of strategic area;
- referrals of spatial utilization;
- spatial use control direction.
Spatial plan structure includes (i) urban systems for province or regency and municipal service centers for urban areas, and (ii) province, regency or municipal infrastructure network systems. spatial pattern plans including (i) protected areas; and (ii) the cultivation area
Determination of the strategic area is determination of province territory, regency or city which its spatial planning is prioritized. The direction of spatial use is the direction of development or development of the region of the province, regency or municipality to realize the spatial structure and spatial pattern.
Meanwhile, the direction of controlling the utilization of space includes:
a) Indication of zoning regulation direction for the provincial territory and the general provisions of zoning regulations for regency or municipalities;
b) licensing directives for provincial areas and licensing requirements for regency or municipalities;
c) direction of incentives and disincentives for provincial areas and provisions of incentives and disincentives for regency or municipalities; and
d) sanction directives for provincial, regency or city areas.